Web Console Services
Tackle web console provides the following services:
- Application inventory
The Application inventory page can perform the following tasks:
- Manage application portfolios.
- Define and manage application dependencies.
- Link applications to the business services that they support.
- Describe and categorize applications by using tags.
The applications are assessed on the Application inventory page which helps determine the appropriate migration strategy for each application:
Review a completed assessment on the Application inventory page where the following information is collected from each reviewer:
- Proposed action: Best alternative for modernizing and migrating the application.
- Effort estimate: The likely amount of effort involved in migrating the application based on the proposed action and the identified risks.
- Business criticality: Estimate of how critical the application is to the business on a scale of 1 to 10.
- Work priority: Estimated priority for the proposed action on a scale of 1 to 10.
The Reports page displays the results of the reviews.
The Reports page displays the results of the application assessments and reviews and can help plan the migration by providing the following information:
- Suitability of applications for containerization.
- Possible risks and severity.
- Adoption plan based on estimated effort, work priority, and application dependencies.
The Controls page can manage the following entities:
- Stakeholder: Individual with an interest in an application or a subject matter expert.
- Stakeholder group: Related stakeholders who may belong to one or more stakeholder groups used to assign multiple stakeholders to review an assessment.
- Job function: Attribute of a stakeholder using a predefined job function or by creating a new job function.
- Business service: Attribute of an application, for example, credit card service, transportation, or IT support using a predefined business service or by creating a new business service.
- Tag: Attribute of an application that are an extensible and flexible way to add metadata to applications. Tags are grouped under a parent tag type using a predefined tag or by creating a new tag.
- Tag type: Defines the rank and background color of a group of related tags.